WELCOME TO THE TEAM!
We believe it takes a village to raise a child, and we are thrilled to add you to the tribe. The tribe of educators, trusted caregivers, and committed teachers that parents lean on daily to love and guide their child. As a small, family-owned business, we are incredibly grateful to do what we love. It’s your support, every day, that allows us to provide a warm and loving community for hundreds of kiddos, so thank you in advance, from the bottom of our hearts for caring, loving, teaching, and guiding our children.
At the Academy, we want you to have a smooth transition as you begin your career as a teacher. For this reason, we have dedicated this page to helping you step-by-step with everything you need to complete within your first two weeks and 30 days of employment. Read below for more information as you begin your journey!
Working with children is a rewarding responsibility that we take very seriously. Teachers must complete the following requirements before beginning employment.
1. Review, sign, and complete employment packet including physical examination
2. Download mobile application, WhatsApp for announcements, schedules, and other communication
3. Complete Criminal History Check and set up fingerprinting appointment with the Director / Administration Team
4. Lead Teachers - Submit certifications, transcripts, work hours letter, and teacher biography with this information.
5. Read and acknowledge the Employment Handbook - be sure to review the following sections: 2.6, 2.15, 3.6, 4.1, 6.16, and 7
Research has shown that formal education or training of childcare providers is the greatest determinant of safe and quality programming for children. As such, the following trainings must be completed before beginning employment:
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Training
Prevention of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) *
Prevention of Shaken Baby Trauma *
Mandated Reporter of Child Abuse / Recognition and Reporting of Child Abuse and Neglect *
CPR/First Aid *
Standard Precautions *
Introduction to the Early Intervention and Preschool Special Education Programs *
Recognizing the Impact of Bias on Early Childhood Professionals *
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Multihazard Planning for Childcare Training
Register for login credentials on the SID website
* Training available on Colorado Shines website
Login / Create an account to Early Childhood Professionals PDIS
Select "Go to Learning" button
Type in the name of the courses above with an * to the search bar at the top to find the classes needed
Use the drop down menu on the right side of the page to either "save for later" or "open curriculum"
All "saved for later" classes will be saved at the bottom of your learning page for future reference
1. Hands-on training in classroom(s)
2. Paired with a Teacher in each class for one-on-one training
3. Review and complete classroom Orientation checklist
4. Understand opening and closing procedures
5. Understand daily reporting procedures using Brightwheel app